“WHATEVER YOU CAN DO, OR DREAM YOU CAN, BEGIN IT. BOLDNESS HAS GENIUS, POWER, AND MAGIC IN IT.”
From the Desk of Barbara Dee
Master certified coach with suncoast digital press book publishers, archer inspired learning online education
Hi, it’s Barbara.
Would you like to talk about working together?
While limited to a small number of one-on-one clients, I do always want to work with individuals who are serious about writing the book that is inside of them wanting to come out.
If you’re already a “yes,” that’s wonderful! Click here to get in touch and find a time for a conversation to explore your book ideas. It’s a free consultation and will be worthwhile, even if you don’t decide to hire me as your Coach.
VELOCITY IS A FUNCTION OF CLARITY
Eventually, we all need a little help. Whether you’re stuck at a roadblock, at a fork in the road of life, or just need help figuring out what is next… it helps to have someone who has been there. Certain conversations are powerful, providing clarity and motivation. Creating and leading crucial conversations is my passion.
Anything is possible with proper coaching.
“I’VE BUILT A NEW PERSONAL BRAND WITH HER HELP.
Being a published author definitely sets me apart from everyone out there with just an opinion. Media or those looking for keynote speakers want someone with my expertise and background as a political science professor, but how they find me is often because they see that I am ‘the one who wrote the book.’ Barbara Dee has been a partner on several of my book projects. You won’t find another coach with her experience.”
Jeffrey Orenstein, Ph.D.,
Retired professor and best-selling author, Saving American Democracy: How We the People Can Be Truly Represented in our Own Government
“IT’S RARE THAT YOU COME ACROSS SOMEONE LIKE BARBARA.
There is a difference between an editor and a coach, I learned. For one thing, I wouldn’t have a manuscript to edit if not for Barbara’s encouragement and sage advice when I needed it the most. Even when I was overwhelmed with my own project, Barbara would calmly break down what needed to be done and kept me going. I can’t recommend her highly enough!”
DO YOU NEED A WRITING COACH?
Q: What does a writing coach do?
A: A writing coach helps the writer find the heart of the content, what works
and what needs work, how to carry out research, and how to frame and
organize the material. A writing coach helps the writer focus, provides an
objective perspective, and guides and encourages. A writing coach is like a
personal trainer for a writer. A writing coach is a mentor.
SOME OF THE THINGS WE CAN WORK ON:
YOUR BREAKTHROUGH BOOK
WHY WRITE A BOOK?
- What are your personal reasons?
- What would you like to accomplish?
- Discover exactly who your book will speak to and how to write to them.
- Complete the three steps critical to do before you start writing your book.
- How to best organize your ideas, stories, photos, key points.
- How to enhance every chapter for more reader engagement.
- Understand your publishing and self-publishing options.
- The simplest, most direct way to convey your unique selling proposition
- Powerful insights from personalizing the “Silver Bullet” process invented by renowned public speaking coach, Neil Gordon
- Planning your “This is Me” author platform
- Quickly create an eBook to work as your powerful lead magnet
- Five-a-Tize: a strategy to leverage what you already have and make it at least 5 times more valuable and profitable
PERSONAL WRITING (NO PARTICULAR BOOK IDEA IN MIND)
Explore what type and topic of writing you should assign to yourself.
- Writing to heal. Learn how to find a safe way to explore childhood wounds, past traumas, and unresolved issues through “Discovery Writing to Heal” exercises.
- Humorous writing (how to be relatable and funny when you want to)
- Legacy letters (what do you want to pass on to your descendents?)
“I had plenty of good ideas, but which one to pursue? What would not only make sense to work on, but what would inspire me? Barbara Dee’s coaching gave me the initial clarity and confidence I had been lacking for too long (wasting a lot of time). With her coaching, I was able to develop my projects in the direction of my dreams…I’ve never felt so productive, creative, and fulfilled in my writing efforts.”
AND IF I HAVE THE PRIVILEGE OF BEING YOUR COACH…
Clients work with me on a month-to-month basis. There is no long-term contract, we simply work on your vision, goals, and project together. Whether you achieve the outcome you want in 3 months, 6 months, or more, really depends on the size of your project and the amount of time you can devote to working on the actions that will emerge from each coaching session. And sometimes the definition of your desired outcome can change once you gain the clarity that working with me as your Coach will provide.
Schedule an appointment and we’ll have a conversation to explore your book ideas and answer your questions.